MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Remote Connection issue
Posted by: Saurin Patel
Date: July 23, 2016 11:16AM

Hi,

I'm trying to remote connect to a MySQL community Server located on a Windows Server.

I've made attempts to connect via the CLT and also the Workbench. Both have failed with the message "ERROR 2003 (HY000): can't connect to MySQL server on 'Host ip' (10060)".

I have attempted connecting with my firewall disabled, port opened, also doubled checked by running netstat -an to make sure that the default 3306 port is listening.

Also in the my.ini file has been edited properly to listen to port 3306 and bind-address is set to 0.0.0.0, commented out the skip-networking.

Ran wireshark on it and I was able to see my remote connection coming in but there was no response going out to the request though.

Last thing is that the user that is trying to remote in has all the privileges and % wildcard set for ip.

Thank you for your help in Advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Remote Connection issue
July 23, 2016 11:16AM
July 25, 2016 10:22AM
July 28, 2016 09:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.