Windows Installer
Posted by: George Gruber
Date: November 15, 2012 08:31AM

I am surprised that noone else has posted anything regarding the new Windows Installer.

First, for both 5.5.28 and 5.6.7/8-rc, there are two files with the same description (Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer), the same version and nothing that describes the differences between the .x variant of these installer files. I have searched blogs, read through as much as I could and even Google searched with nothing that describes the differences - can someone provide some insight please?

The second issue is that 5.6.8-rc was announced as being released yet the Windows Installer shows 5.6.7. I have 5.6.6-m9 installed and the mysql-installer-community-5.6.7.1-rc and it tells me "There is an update available to the MysQL Installer. Do you want to download and install it now?" and clicking Yes displays a dialogue box MySQL Installer Update Tool and then an error message "There was an error downloading the update. Please contact support."

Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed to update to 5.6.8-rc? Anywhere else to look? I even tried searching the bug database but it only shows 4 bugs with 5.6.8 and none related to the Windows Installer. Also, I had used the mysql-installer-community-5.6.6-m9.1 to install 5.6.6-m9 with no problems.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Windows Installer
November 15, 2012 08:31AM
November 16, 2012 10:49AM
November 22, 2012 07:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.