Re: mysql-installer-community-5.5.29.0.msi installs MySQL Server 5.5 into "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"
Posted by: Roger Anderson
Date: January 20, 2013 03:02PM

This seems to be a common problem with the MS installers. I have tried many of them in many ways in the past week. They all put at least some files in "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX".

The only way I made a good install was to download "mysql-5.5.29-winx64.msi". I then chose "Custom Install". When I was allowed to choose the Install Path, I erased "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX" which was presented and put in "C:\MySQL\". I accepted the rest of the defaults and everything went well.

This problem seems to have been around for a long time: The same topic was posted for version 5.5.15.0 on 09/02/2011. I Googled and found the same topic opened and closed on another date. I have a book published in 2008 by SAMS that gives a work-around to keep your files from being "buried deep in the file structure".

The seems to be a variable somewhere named INSTALL_PATH (?) that has been set sometime to "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX". Then, people have used this file to create later files.

No guarantees here. Just the results of my experiences.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.