Update of 5.1 install fails, then 5.6 install confuses me
Posted by: Dave Merrill
Date: April 06, 2013 06:47AM

Hi folks, and thanks for all the work on MySQL, as always.

I have MySQL 5.1 and 5.5 installed. I want to keep those versions, but update them with the latest fixes, and install 5.6.

Problem #1:

The 5.5.30.1 and 5.6.10.1 installers both think they can do both updates. I chose Install Updates, and the 5.5 update worked, but with either installer, the 5.1 update fails, a 404 error downloading the actual update. I'm trying to to upgrade 5.1.56 to 5.1.66. Log says this:
1: Download of product 'mysql-server-5.1-winx64' Download failed.

now what?

Problem #2:

After that, I wanted to install 5.6, so I chose Add/Modify Products and Features. I checked the boxes to install the server itself, no apps (have the latest workbench already, which it knows), all connectors, and docs. It said there are no additional requirements to be installed.

However, when it gets to the Execute confirmation screen, the 5.6.10 server, connectors, docs, and samples show as 'To be installed', as expected, but 5.1.56 shows 'Changes pending'.

What exactly does that 'Changes pending' msg mean? Will it try to update 5.1 to 5.6.10? I don't want that. There don't appear to be any options to update existing installs or not in this mode. My 5.1 instance is still working fine, i.e., it didn't get partly uninstalled by the earlier attempts whose "changes" might have been "pending".

Does it mean that it knows about an earlier upgrade attempt, but it's not going to do anything about it, just do the 5.6 install?

Thanks,
Dave

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Update of 5.1 install fails, then 5.6 install confuses me
April 06, 2013 06:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.