Re: Location of my.ini in 5.5 not where docs say
Posted by: Jose Gabriel Valencia Ornelas
Date: January 07, 2014 05:54PM

Thanks for the input

there is an scenario with Server 5.5 depending on how you do the first install.

if you run diectly the MySQL 5.5 msi (not using the MySql Installer) the 5.5 still use their own config wizard and put the my.ini file on c:\programs Files\.... (or c:\programs files (x86) for 32 bits on 64 systems).

this was changed when was introduced the MySql Installer, and if you use the MySQL installer for install the MySQL 5.5 server the new config wizard will copy to ProgramData folder.

when you do an upgrade using the MySQL Installer over an instalaltion that was did before with the MySQL Server 5.5 msi package, the installer will left and use the my.ini in the original location.

The documentation refer to this new location using the MySQL Installer that use the new config wizard, try locating the my.ini file on your Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5 folder (remember to add the (x86) to the program files path when you are on 64 Bits OS and installed the 32 bits versiĆ³n of the server)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Location of my.ini in 5.5 not where docs say
January 07, 2014 05:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.