Re: Question about postings being moderated
Posted by: Bob Novell
Date: July 14, 2015 04:24PM

I have to assume that no one knows the answer to this question or the other one I posted,

"Question about postings being moderated?"

I would give you the URL of that question but I am certain that the message would be held for moderation, and it seems no one actually moderates this forum.

This is very responsive and useful forum.

By the way, there is text on the posting pages which presents the CAPTCHA. It is:
----------------------
"Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right."
------------------------

That is false, if you enter it incorrectly, the same character sequence is shown to you again, perhaps in a slightly different way, but it is the same characters. You don't get a new string to match.

I feel that the phrase "...a new image is created..." would mean, to most, if not all people, that a different string of characters would be presented.

Bob Novell

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Question about postings being moderated
July 14, 2015 04:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.