Which MySQL Installer do I need?
Posted by: Will Weatherford
Date: February 22, 2016 10:09AM

I have been in this same position with Oracle XE and now MySQL. There are dozens of installers with shades of or significant differences. I read for 30 minutes and selected an .msi MySQL installer tried to install it 8 times and was never able to access it... My situation:

I need MySQL on my work laptop (Windows 7 Pro 64) so I can have a PowerShell script connect to the MySQL DB (my current installer mysql-5.7.11-winx64.msi) to manipulate a few tables I will create.

Once I get my script accessing the MySQL properly, I will move the script to a production server that runs MySQL, hoping, but not knowing, there is enough similarity between my laptop and the server to enable the script to run. I have uninstalled all previous versions of MySQL.

That's it. Nothing fancy or involved.

Can you suggest an installer that will install on my machine that I can then connect to?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Which MySQL Installer do I need?
February 22, 2016 10:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.