Installing Multiple Instances Of MySQL 5.7 on Windows
Posted by: IGG t
Date: May 18, 2016 03:18AM

How can I install multiple instances of MySQL 5.7 on my Windows PC?

I currently have 3 x MySQL 5.0, 3 x MySQL 5.1, 3 x MySQL 5.5 installed on my PC (not all running at the same time).

I am trying to setup 3 x instances of MySQL 5.7 for testing, but this doesn't seem to be allowed anymore?

In the past I would download the ZIP file, copy the files across, install as a Windows Service and away I go.

But I tried downloading the 5.7 zip file, and there is no Data Directory in it???

I already have one instance installed from a while back, so I tried copying the data Directory from that, but it doesn't work.

So I downloaded the MSI installer, but that only gives me the option to upgrade an existing instance, not Add a new instance.

Even when I click on Add it doesn't give me the option to Add a new one as the MySQL instance is greyed out with the message "Another Version is installed".

Surely there must be a way of installing more than one instance of MySQL 5.7?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Installing Multiple Instances Of MySQL 5.7 on Windows
May 18, 2016 03:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.