mysql-installer-community-5.6.30.msi installs MySQL Server 5.6 into "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"
Posted by: Dennis Foreman
Date: June 14, 2016 06:38AM

I don't understand why this topic (for MySQL 5.6.29) was closed. I just installed 5.6.30 Community Edition using the msi file and it repeated the error. I did not change my registry keys prior to the install. The installer did NOT give me a choice of where to install the server and other elements of MySQL.

To "fix" the error, I moved all the folders to c:\MySQL, used "sc delete MySQL" to delete the bad service location and used "mysqld --install MySQL --default-file=E:/mysqlDBS/my.ini" (from inside the server's folder) and it worked. But users should not have to fiddle with the registry or move the folders to get a good install!

Regards,
DocDJ

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql-installer-community-5.6.30.msi installs MySQL Server 5.6 into "C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX"
June 14, 2016 06:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.