Re: Cannot Install 5.7.15 on Windows 10
Posted by: Daniel Wiercioch
Date: October 26, 2016 07:52AM

One of the reasons I may have run into a problem before was that I had originally tried to install an earlier version of MySQL as part of an installation of something else (a local WordPress install). I finally gave up on it after lots of attempts.

Because I wasn't ready to throw in the towel, I tried to install the latest version of MySQL by itself and it also failed no matter what I did. Finally, after posting on this board, there was a suggestion to do a complete uninstall first. I did this far more meticulously than I had before. And this time it worked. (Interestingly enough, I could never get WordPress installed because its install script was determined to not see the newer version of MySQL.)

So if you have previously attempted an install before (and it failed), try very carefully following the suggestions to uninstall it and perhaps you'll have better luck like I did. Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 13, 2016 03:51PM
Re: Cannot Install 5.7.15 on Windows 10
October 26, 2016 07:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.