Installer hangs upgrading from 5.6.31 to 5.6.34
Posted by: Michael Menefee
Date: November 04, 2016 08:56AM

Installer hangs upgrading from 5.6.31 to 5.6.34 at the "Check and Upgrade Database" after entering the root password and selecting the Check button.

Looking around I can see that the "MySQL56" service was stopped, and will not start. When trying to start the mysqld.exe executable from the command line with the same options as the service I could see that it was failing to start because it couldn't find the path "...\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\Uploads", which didn't exist.

I manually created the "Uploads" directory and was able to start the service and then the installation when from " NOT RESPONDING" to working normally again. And then I was able to finish the upgrade. (the first time the install failed, I stopped it, and it overwrote the mysql data. So I had to restore from a backup)

I always manually download the msi installer and execute it on my server (Windows 2012 R2) and this is the first time it was looking for this non-existant directory.

Do I need to create this "Uploads" folder on all my instances of MySQL before attempting anymore upgrades, or is this considered a bug?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Installer hangs upgrading from 5.6.31 to 5.6.34
November 04, 2016 08:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.