MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Append function no longer works on a table
Posted by: John Sawyer
Date: July 18, 2013 04:49AM

Hi
I have been using the MySQL for Excel addin to append new records to a table in my database (localhost). Having uploaded most of my new records successfully, the APPEND function is no longer working and returns an error message:

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

I am still able to append records to other tables, so the connection and function would still appear to be working elsewhere but not with the original table. As I can still add records to the original table via the cmd line, the table does not appear to be corrupted (SELECT,DELETE and other commands also work OK via the cmd line) and the size of the table should still be well under any capacity limits. The table has only 6 columns and 753,003 rows, which is even below the excel 2010 max row count of 1,048,576 rows).

Is there a limit on table sizes where the APPEND function will work in this addin that we need to know about?

I am using excel 2010 (32bt) on a 64bt windows 7 Operating system and on an i7 processor laptop with 4gb of RAM.

Is anyone able to shed any light on what the problem may be?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Append function no longer works on a table
July 18, 2013 04:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.