MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

MYSQL for excel cant connect the remote mysql database
Posted by: Grady Wang
Date: September 26, 2014 05:36AM

Hi Master
I used the mysql installer install the latest mysql for excel last two days.
I have two mysql databases. When i used the mysql for excel to connect the local database with TCP/IP protocal, the connection was done and successful. But when i was using the same mysql tool of excel to connect the remote mysql database. It was showed connection failure.

For the good one : i filled the info: localhost,port:3306,usrname:root,password:1234.

For the bad one: i fill the info: Hostname:172.20.0.110, port:3306,usrname:crc,password:123456. The failure message after connection:Failed to connect to MYSQL server instance at 172.20.0.110:3306 with user crc and the given password.

Before i though it would be caused by my tcp/ip nework. But i could access the remote mysql server by command: mysql -h172.20.0.110 -ucrc -p123456. So it seems my network is ok. Meanwhile , i have a software PHPMaker. It could load the remote mysql database succesfully after filling the info as above.
So i really dont know why the mysql for excel cant connect my remote mysql database. Call for help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.