MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL for Excel

Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
Posted by: John Armstrong
Date: April 20, 2015 04:31AM

Hi Javier,

I have traced the source of the error- I had not been looking closely enough at the error message - it is not related to pivot tables at all but is referring to the table from which the pivot table I was viewing and trying to refresh is derived.

When I examined the source table, I realised that one of the columns had a VLOOKUP formula that was referring a spreadsheet that no longer existed and Excel was just displaying #REF! for the column values.

Assuming that this was the source of the error, I removed the invalid references by first breaking the link to the non existant spreadsheet and then deleting all the relevant VLOOKUP formulae. Somewhat surprisingly, however, I still get the error message for the table when doing a Refresh All. Perhaps not all references to the non existant spreadsheet have been removed.

In the circumstances, I don't think this problem is worth further investigation and am quite happy to close the fault report. I now know the nature of the problem and am assured that it is not affecting pivot table recalculation, which was my main concern.

I will subscribe to the bug report about the macro free workbook so that I can be notified about the fix.

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
April 20, 2015 04:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.