Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: MySQL for Visual Studio :: environment: windows 8 single language + Visual Studio (2010, 2012 and 2013) + MySql last version (connector and database)

Advanced Search

environment: windows 8 single language + Visual Studio (2010, 2012 and 2013) + MySql last version (connector and database)
Posted by: Lincoln Sposito ()
Date: February 14, 2014 06:04PM

Recently I bought a new notebook (Dell Inspirion 15r - I5) to develop using Visual Studio,

Some of my projects are developed using MySql as database.

The problem is due the fact that the Visual Studio simply does not show me the drivers from MySql to establish a new connection to any kind of project and it is a terrible problem for me.

So, I would like to understand for any reason the Visual Studio does not understand the drivers that have been installed (mysql-connector-net-6.8.3).

Important:
1) I can create a new ODBC connection through administrative tool;
2) All the Visual Studios (2010, 2012 and 2013) installed don't show me the drivers
3) After create the new connection using ODBC (via Administrative tools) I tried to use this connection on Visual Studio, but the VS did not accept also this way.

So, I need some help to understand that occurs on my environment and the potentials motives to the VS does not recognize the MYSql drivers.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
environment: windows 8 single language + Visual Studio (2010, 2012 and 2013) + MySql last version (connector and database) 217 Lincoln Sposito 02/14/2014 06:04PM
Re: environment: windows 8 single language + Visual Studio (2010, 2012 and 2013) + MySql last version (connector and database) 107 Lincoln Sposito 02/23/2014 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.