MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Join 2 tables
Posted by: thiago cruz
Date: September 02, 2011 03:03PM

Hello guys & girls

I'm having some issues here to create one join that I think it's not possible to do.

I've 2 tables: one with user information and the other with user registration.

So im trying to join them
If I do this:
SELECT u.ID, f.id as field_id, f.name as field_name, d.value as field_data, u.user_login, u.user_nicename, u.user_email, u.display_name, u.user_status, u.user_registered
FROM wp_users u
INNER JOIN wp_bp_xprofile_data d ON d.user_id = u.ID
INNER JOIN wp_bp_xprofile_fields f ON f.id = d.field_id
WHERE d.value != '' AND u.ID IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY u.ID, f.id

I get this result:
ID field_id field_name field_data user_login user_nicename user_email display_name user_status user_registered
1 1 Name Thiago Cruz admin admin thiago@test.com Thiago Cruz 0 2010-04-06 15:47:31
1 2 Industry Aerospace admin admin thiago@test.com Thiago Cruz 0 2010-04-06 15:47:31

As you guys can see I will have repeated data as email, id, name, status, registered date.
But the data that changes for each line is:
f.id as field_id, f.name as field_name, d.value as field_data

So because I didn't know how to do this query properly I just created an foreach and created lines in one array to get my real info for each user using PHP to do that.

I wanna know if its possible to create columns with the values from one table, or something like that.

Example:
instead of Name Thiago Cruz:
I would like to have:
Name as column header
Thiago Cruz as value of that column

So what I basecally want is that all my columns looks like this:
id user_id name industry jobtitle company company_size city province country email
Instead of what I have now.

Anyone knows if that is possible???
I have for each user like 10 fields that I would like to transform into columns even if that column is empty/null

Thank you very much in advance,
Thiago Cruz

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Join 2 tables
September 02, 2011 03:03PM
September 02, 2011 03:33PM
September 02, 2011 06:55PM
September 02, 2011 07:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.