MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: MySQL Control Center and MS Excel Interworking
Posted by: mike
Date: February 16, 2005 06:52PM

Hi Dan,

when you say 'lately', i get the impression this started 'all of a sudden'. if i were you, i would look into that matter first of all. otherwise have you tried s+r in excel with special character thingies like (i think ;-} it varies from program to program...) ^p for line break ^t for tab and so on - if you just want to delete that should do the trick. if excel cant do it:
i've often solved complex s+r, in a pure office environment , by copying the excel data to word, doing the s+r there (since its much more powerful, can s+r formats, etc.) and then copying it back to excel, but not with 18000 ;-} better test it on a sample first...

you should be looking at parsing the 'source' file you get from your supplier with php (since you say your using it anyway) which gives you a much more flexible approach to any kind of text manipulation.
hope this helped,
jd

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Control Center and MS Excel Interworking
February 16, 2005 06:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.