MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Multiple copies of MySQL in my add/remove programs manager
Posted by: Kevin Harris
Date: January 31, 2005 02:36PM

So here is the story.

I first installed Apache, then PHP, then attempted to install a 3.0 version of MySQL (did this because a tutorial I was following told me to). I found that MySQL was not working however, so I tried to uninstall it. The uninstaller yelled back at me and said NO, I cannot find the file necessary for unistallation. I proceded to get real mad after trying over and over again. I eventually deleted the directory and tried to install a newer version of a 3.0. This time the installer bombed out and told me that the uninstaller failed to initialize and that I may not be able to uninstall. So now I have two copies of mySQL showing in the add/remove programs window. Once again I deleted directories and registry keys and services and tried the newest version of mySQL 4.0. What a mess....it happened again. Somebody please help me remove 3 copies of MySQL from my computer. All the directories are gone, but windows still thiinks they are there.

I have:

Windows XP (Home)

Thanks much for reading this.......

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Multiple copies of MySQL in my add/remove programs manager
January 31, 2005 02:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.