MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

SUM function
Posted by: Caroline Danko
Date: February 08, 2005 02:11PM

I need the SUM of a SUM function.

This is working perfect:
SELECT DISTINCT nav.navperunit, Invest_History.client_acct, customers.subunit, Invest_History.redemption_unit, Invest_History.addition_unit, Invest_History.transfer_unit, format(((customers.subunit - SUM(Invest_History.redemption_unit) + SUM(Invest_History.addition_unit)) * nav.navperunit) ,3) AS TotalPerf
FROM customers, Invest_History, nav
WHERE nav.period = 'colname' AND customers.client_acct = Invest_History.client_acct AND customers.active = 'Y'
GROUP BY Invest_History.client_acct

But I am having problems with the following query:
SELECT DISTINCT nav.navperunit, Invest_History.client_acct, customers.subunit, Invest_History.redemption_unit, Invest_History.addition_unit, Invest_History.transfer_unit, format(((customers.subunit - SUM(Invest_History.redemption_unit) + SUM(Invest_History.addition_unit)) * nav.navperunit) ,3) AS Total
FROM customers, Invest_History, nav
WHERE nav.period = 'colname' AND customers.client_acct = Invest_History.client_acct AND customers.active = 'Y'
GROUP BY Invest_History.client_acct

The only diference betweeen the two queries is that the second one SUM up the first function... I beleived it should be working, but I get an error message saying: "1111 Invalid use of group function." I tried GROUP BY all other posibilities, and I am still getting the same error....

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
SUM function
February 08, 2005 02:11PM
February 08, 2005 04:13PM
February 09, 2005 02:31PM
February 10, 2005 10:04AM
February 10, 2005 11:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.