MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Problems with SELECT Runtime
Posted by: mfsamuel
Date: February 14, 2005 03:41PM

Ok, here is the problem...

I am working with 5.0.2-alpha.

The query is:

SELECT gamerTag.gamertag, SUM(h2_players.score), SUM(h2_players.kills), SUM(h2_players.deaths), SUM(h2_players.assists), AVG(h2_players.score), AVG(h2_players.kills), AVG(h2_players.deaths), AVG(h2_players.assists), COUNT(h2_players.gameID), SUM(h2_players.kills)/SUM(h2_players.deaths), SQ_Plots.Plots
FROM h2_players
INNER JOIN gamerTag ON (gamerTag.gamertag=h2_players.gamertag)
INNER JOIN h2_games ON (h2_games.gameID=h2_players.gameID)
LEFT JOIN (SELECT STRAIGHT_JOIN h2_players.gamertag, SUM(h2_players.score) AS 'Plots'
FROM gamerTag
INNER JOIN h2_players ON (gamerTag.gamertag=h2_players.gamertag)
INNER JOIN h2_games ON (h2_games.gameID=h2_players.gameID)
WHERE h2_games.gameType IN ('3 Plots','Land Grab','Control Issue')
GROUP BY h2_players.gamertag) AS SQ_Plots ON (SQ_Plots.gamertag=h2_players.gamertag)
WHERE (h2_games.meet NOT IN ('Arranged Game','Team Training')
GROUP BY gamerTag.gamertag

gamerTag - stores account info; 4,367 Rows; 884.6 KB
h2_games - stores game info; 360,358 Rows; 50.5 MB
h2_players - stores player info for each game; 3,005,415 Rows; 190.3 MB

This query takes 1000+ seconds and locks all the database. If I run the subquery alone it takes ~10sec. The main query without the subquery takes about the same time. I would like to run this as an INSERT or REPLACE but the time constraints are too high.

I am unsure if this is a bug or simply a configuration/query problem, so some advice would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems with SELECT Runtime
February 14, 2005 03:41PM
February 15, 2005 12:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.