Forum List  »  General

Querys that kills my CPU HELP
Posted by: Yu-Wei Liang
Date: March 19, 2005 05:27PM

hi all

I am hoping to see if anyone can help me solve this question:

whenver I run queries that joins two tables, such as
"Delete from table1 using table1, table2 where table1.col1 = table2.col1;" or
"select table1.col1, count(table1.col1).count(table2.col2) from table1, table2 where table1.col1 = table2.col1;"

these types of queries always kills my computer by eating up all the available CPU resourced for a LONG time, and still return nothing, forcing me to reboot my computer in order to try other stuff. The longest I have let such queries ran for like 2 days straight.

When it runs, the computer slowes down to a standstill, and sometimes the Harddrive LED flickers to indicate some sort of activity. However, the HD LED does not flicker like when it is actively accssing the HD.

I do not understand why is this??? Table1 and table2 are both MyISAM tables. I am running Windows XP professional with the latest in drivers and Windows update. My computer is AMD 2100+ with 1GB of RAM.

This type of problem only happens when I try to run queries which joins two table in operation, though in truth I only tried the two queries I gave as example above.

Please help me if you know how can I fix whatever i need fixing so I can actually use similar queries as the examples above, to edit my tables. Thank you for all your helps

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Querys that kills my CPU HELP
March 19, 2005 05:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.