MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Left join ?
Posted by: Cedric Donckels
Date: March 23, 2005 03:38AM

Hi everybody

I have two tables
the first one represent all messages sent on a network with attribute the time where the message was created (TimeCreated) and a type code (Shortnumber).

So, when i ask the db for the messages sent between to date; it returns me only rows for the days where messages where sent.
THe problem is that i wanted to see too the days with no messages .
My idea was to created another talbe (dates) with all dates between 2000-01-01 and 2030-12-31 (attribute timestamp) and make a left join with these to tables.

"SELECT DATE_FORMAT(timestamp,'%d/%m') Jour, COUNT(MsgId) 'Nb messages' FROM dates LEFT JOIN queues ON dayofyear(timestamp)=dayofyear(timecreated) WHERE timestamp>='2005-03-01 ' AND timestamp<'2005-07-14 'AND shortnumber='3099' GROUP BY MONTH(timestamp),DAYOFMONTH(timestamp); "

but, the result is the same as before, i've got entry for march 7 and 8 and so i see only the two rows for these two days on not rows for march 9 - 14 with 'nb message' =null.

Can somebody tells me what I forget

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Left join ?
March 23, 2005 03:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.