MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL Won't Start!!!
Posted by: Steven Aronstein
Date: March 27, 2005 03:18PM

I'm running MacOS X Server 10.2.8 on a Mac G3 blue & white machine. I have had mySQL running on it for some time now, serving databases for MovableType etc., phpBB, etc.

I have successfully created and modified databases in mySQL all along, with no problems, until yesterday:

When trying to install ZenCart (a PHP-based shopping cart), I found mySQL off, and tried to start it using mySQL Manager gui app that Apple supplies. It doesn't respond at all, and stays off.

I can't get it to start up!!!

I tried repairing permissions already and that didn't help. I've rebooted the machine several times and still no change.

I looked in the conole log and found and mutliple entries of this error, often within minutes after an entry showing that MySQL Manager was launched, so I'm guessing it's related: However, I can't find anything about this anywhere online.

The only other things I did was install cURL 7.10.7-1 earlier today (using FinkCommander gui app), which seemed to install and compile successfully.

I need mySQL up and running right away - hopefully before the end of today - to avoid significant repercussions. Can anyone help?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Won't Start!!!
March 27, 2005 03:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.