Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: General :: Dreamweaver MX 2004 - "An Unidentifed Error has occorred."

Advanced Search

Dreamweaver MX 2004 - "An Unidentifed Error has occorred."
Posted by: Arvi San Juan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 09:23PM

I HAVE THIS POSTED UNDER NEWBIE. I DECIDED TO MOVE IT HERE TO GET MORE EXPOSURE BUT I COULDN'T CLOSE THE OLD ONE SO SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATION.

Hi folks. I have scoured the internet for a fix to this problem. Most of the posts I read are unanswered or the solution does not work. I am hoping a guru reads mine and has the magic answer - I am ready to chuck the project altogether if I can't find a solution. Although I am not a newbie to simple page design, I have never really tackled data access (dynamic content) before, like I am about to. I am ready and willing to learn but this obstacle may hinder my interest if it is going to be this big a pain in the keester.

Let's start with my system config:
Windows XP Pro w/ SP3
Dreamweaver MX 2004
IIS 5.1 - configured with FTP support
PHP 5.2.11
MySQL 5.0 - For now I am using the Test DB that comes with MySQL. Using "root" account.

I have verified that all is running properly to the best of my knowledge. Certainly Dreamweaver up until this issue has worked for years. I have not used DW for data access before on this machine but have successfully on others.

IIS > Loads web content from http://localhost just fine. Including PHP test page. And IIS help stuff that comes pre-installed.

MySQL > I can build DB's and Schemas just fine. I can even import data from external sources so I have to assume it's running fine.

Dreamweaver > The site I am building has the following config:

Local Info
Site Name: medimj
Local Root: C:\medimj *set to refresh
HTTP: blank

Remote Info
Access: Local/Network
Remote Folder: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\medimj\ *set to refresh auto

Testing Server
Server Model: PHP MySQL
This site contains: Dreamweaver MX Pages Only (default)
Access: Local/Network
Testing Server Folder: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\medimj\ *set to refresh auto
URL Prefix: http://localhost/medimj
<<<Everything else I believe is irrelevant to the topic and left to defaults>>>

SO HERE IS WHAT IS HAPPENING:
When I go to make a data connection (Step 4 under the Database tab of Applications section in DW), I click the "+" button and select "MySQL Connection". The dialogue window appears and I input:

Connection Name: medimj
MySql Server: localhost
User Name: root
Password: <password>

I click "Select" button and get an error window that says "An Unidentified error has occurred." and I am taken back to the MySQL Connection dialogue box. I have tried adding http:, slashes, \medimj, IP address, and pipe name to the Server name to make the connection and none of it works.

Here is a copy of the MySQL section of results from a test.php page I created:

mysql.allow_persistent On On
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host localhost localhost
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port 3306 3306
mysql.default_socket no value no value
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off

I've been at this for 3 days and uninstalled and reinstalled everything to no avail. I hope I have given enough information for someone to make a suggestion that will help. I thank anyone for their time in advance.

prmirage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 09:22PM by Arvi San Juan.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Dreamweaver MX 2004 - "An Unidentifed Error has occorred." Arvi San Juan 11/08/2009 09:23PM
Re: Dreamweaver MX 2004 - "An Unidentifed Error has occorred." Rick James 11/10/2009 08:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.