MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: ERROR 1073 (42000): BLOB column 'el_to' can't be used in key specification with the used table type
Posted by: Douglas Grosvenor
Date: August 20, 2010 09:02AM

Syed,
I am actually running into the same problem as you are with the BLOB/TEXT column types. The problem is that you are trying to use the BLOB as a primary key on your table and for some reason clustering does not support that. I found a work around from this website (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/07/09/mysql-error-1170-42000-blobtext-column-used-in-key-specification-without-a-key-length). The author says to either remove the BLOB/TEXT column from the primary key or to change it to a big VARCHAR, the author says you cannot go over VARCHAR(256) but I think its just an old article because I used a VARCHAR(2000). Hopefully this helps.

Doug

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: ERROR 1073 (42000): BLOB column 'el_to' can't be used in key specification with the used table type
August 20, 2010 09:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.