MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Table corruption
Posted by: Tony Perry
Date: November 16, 2010 03:11PM

Hi All,

I'm a web developer and we have a client that is using the Modx open source CMS, which connects to mySQL. Over the past week, the system has produced errors like this:

Execution of a query to the database failed - Table './clientDatabase/modx_site_content' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Now, yes I know the solution is to repair the database table, but what i am trying to get to is why this is happening. As i said above this has happened a couple of times, so its not like it is a daily thing, but when it happens, thw whole website goes, and its not until we repair the table that it comes back to life.

With the Xmas period coming up we are trying to solve this now, so the site isn't down for Xmas or until we notice it has broken again. I've looked on the Modx forum, and there's not a lot going on over there, but have also noticed that a few people on here are having the same issue.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

We are running the community edition, 5.1.50 on a Linux box.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Table corruption
November 16, 2010 03:11PM
November 30, 2010 02:51PM
December 01, 2010 07:43PM
December 08, 2010 12:59PM
February 03, 2011 01:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.