MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Tables coping data to each other
Posted by: Philippe Desvaux
Date: December 02, 2011 05:55PM

HI

I would love to be able to do that but don't have the coding skills to even know where to start. The forum script I use is XMB and all my forums use the same script.

The database I use is in phpmyadmin in cPanel.

Geting a copy of the xmb script is easy as I can send you one to look at or if it helps to make things easier I can even create a few new installs of the forum setup the same way I have my original setup which you can play with then it would just a matter of copying the changes to the original cpanel account.

You would have access to the cPanel account which in turn gives you access to the phpmsqladmin database as well all the files. That's the easy part.

I can can put it all on domain names which I am not using at the moment which would work just like my own setup.

As for price/quote I am happy to pay 2 to 3 hundred dollars AUD for the work.

NOTE; how ever this is done it needs to also allow for new forum installs to work within it.

1 possiblity is creating a MOD for the script that get installed once the forum is installed as I do with many other MODs within each forum.

This involves following detailed steps with files to change and/or add coding within the relivent sections.

If a mod was created for the registration process to be duplicated within the same database on different prefix_member table then that would even be a much better solution. (Just a thought)

OPTION 2 (again just a thought as my brain rattles ideas around)

Is creating a completely new registration form which once installed overrides the current registration process that comes with the forum script.

Using the same regsitration form on all the forums which creates a single registration db (within the same db or different "doesn't matter") which all the forums call when logging in.

This could also be created as a mod (I think). This way as I install new forums all I need to do is then install this mod which would use the same db as all the others.

Having said all that I still beleave that if something could be written in the actuall msql database that copies data details from one prxfix_members table to all the other prefix_member (say something like copy to *_dbname)(making the "*" wild) tables within the same db would be the easiest method as this would allow for all installs within that db. Since I use the same script for all thus all having the exact same table numbers and and variables it to me sounds like the best way to make this work. Once done, there is nothing else to do if it allows for all new installs of the script.

What might help you is to know that I run a dedicated server so any work done in msql or anywhere else is not on a shared hosting account. So the work is not likely to have issues as we might have using a shared hosting provider.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 06:19PM by Philippe Desvaux.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Tables coping data to each other
December 02, 2011 05:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.