MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Tables coping data to each other
Posted by: Philippe Desvaux
Date: December 02, 2011 09:19PM

OK I do get you now.

Lets forget it being a forum or other script then for now. I will discribe what I want the msql database to do in the best way I can based on 3 sites A, B & C talking only about a single table (site-prefix_filename) and all installed in the same database, using the same db-name, db-username & bd-password.

I am using cPanel and the database is phpMyAdmin.

Site A = hjy_members
Site B = dte_members

Site C = wts_members

Each one of these has the users registration details like Username, Password(Encrypted), registration date plus many other fields (all exactly the same).

When a new user registers on site A and the details are send to the db hjy_members table I need these same details to be automatically copied into site B dte_members table and site C wts_members table.

Same with if a member registers from site B then the details in dte_members need to be automatically copied/sent to hjy_members and wts_members tables.

This must work the same way all round no matter which site (*_members) they register from.

It must also allow for copies to be made to and from any new sites (D, E, F,etc).

The result must be that no matter what site a user registers from the database sends a copy of the details to all the other prefix_member tables within that same database_username & Password.

The user end result must be that they can log-in to any site deing A, B, C, D, E etc using the exact same log-in details.

I have done the best I can to discribe what I am after without using your kind of terms which I know nothing about. I know what i want and how I want it to work, the rest is up to the professionals to work out how this can be done.

I hope it's enough.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Tables coping data to each other
December 02, 2011 09:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.