MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Tables coping data to each other
Posted by: Philippe Desvaux
Date: December 03, 2011 12:08AM

Because although the forums are all the same scripts they are all different in there content (categories topics and themes) which is all maintained within the datbase as well as the templates for each one is also database driven.

So placing the whole lot into a single db will not work as I have tried that.

I could also just great 1 huge forum which contains the whole lot which would solve all my problems in 1 hit which I have also tried BUT looks way to jam pack and confusing to users as where looking at around 500 topics plus. Just too much for one single forum.

So seperating them became our last choice but has created this registration issue. Not really an issue but by automatically having users registered to the other forums will incourage them to use the other forums rather than just shug them off just because they don't feel like going through the whole registration process again. I know how they feel as I shrug off many sites just because I don't feel like going through the registration process and I know many other users that do the same thing.

At least this way I overcome that issue.

I own around 15 websites and if could find a way to have 1 single regsitration process for the whole lot of them,, believe me I wouldn't waste time making it happen.

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Tables coping data to each other
December 03, 2011 12:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.