MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

LOAD DATA INFILE HELP!!!!!
Posted by: C. Design
Date: November 03, 2004 09:20PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the error I'm getting:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.21-debug]Access denied for user: 'user@172.16.0.2' (Using password: NO)

Here is our environment:

The application is web based, and running on the web server 172.16.0.2 in a DMZ. We recently moved the MySQL Server from the local machine to running on a seperate machinine located in a trusted Domain (10.0.20.10) without access to the internet and only the MySQL port is open between the two networks. I'm not having any troubles connecting to the MySQL server as there are hundreds of other queries that are taking place and working just fine.

SQL Statement:

"LOAD DATA INFILE '" & path of file on local machine (172.16.0.2) & "filename.txt' IGNORE INTO TABLE empImport FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' IGNORE 1 LINES (a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10,a11,a12,a13,a14,a1 5,a16,a17,a18)"

How the application works:
Basically, a person uploads a text file to the web server (172.16.0.2) and then clicks a link to import the data from the file into the database.

What I think is happening:

When the person uploads the file the MySQL server cannot see the file, but I cannot upload it to the MySQL server as I don't want to open that server to the internet. When the MySQL server and the files were on the same machine, everything was working just fine.

Anybody who has any solutions or ideas for a solution to this problem let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
November 03, 2004 09:20PM
February 03, 2005 03:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.