MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Strange behavior between mysql versions with binary
Posted by: Laurent MINOST
Date: April 27, 2012 06:58AM

Hi,

We are using two mysql servers in our dev environnment hosted on Linux Debian : dedwen(mysql 5.0.32-Debian_7etch6-log) and djen(mysql 5.1.49-3).

I recently needed to move a database from dedwen to djen for performance reasons, so I dumped it with mysqldump then import it on djen.

I'm now facing a 'strange' problem :

1 - Using mysql command line client from dedwen or djen and issuing following query outputs following results :

mysql> SELECT * FROM redonline_foodsafety.theme WHERE name like binary 'Précaution';
Empty set (0.03 sec)

2 - Using TOAD for MySQL Free Version and issuing the same query :
-> On dedwen it outputs properly the only row that is matching.
-> On djen it outputs nothing.

3 - Using PHPMyAdmin as client and issuing the same query outputs successfully the only row that is matching on the two servers.

Based on the fact that the outputs seems to change between clients, I was thinking of a client related problem due to charset/collation issues BUT it seems also related with the binary keyword because if I remove the binary keyword from the query then this one outputs correctly the results in every client ?!

What is the problem here please ? Do you have any advise/idea/recommandation about this please ?

Thanks.
Regards,

Laurent

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.