MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Error on "repair table"
Posted by: michael cook
Date: May 31, 2013 06:57AM

Hi there,

I've got a very large (21 GB) MyISAM table that corrupted as I tried to insert some data from another table (the query timed out while executing presumably because I did it from a php interface). It's not a critical DB so I'm not too concerned about it, but I was hoping to repair it nonetheless

When I tried, I got the following error:
mysql> repair table xyzprices;
+-----------------+--------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+-----------------+--------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xyzdb.xyzprices | repair | error | 0 when fixing table |
| xyzdb.xyzprices | repair | Error | Can't get stat of 'D:\MySQL5.6\data\xyzdb\xyzprices.MYD' (Errcode: 0 - No error) |
| xyzdb.xyzprices | repair | Error | Can't get stat of 'D:\MySQL5.6\data\xyzdb\xyzprices.MYD' (Errcode: 9 - Bad file descriptor) |
| xyzdb.xyzprices | repair | status | Operation failed |

If I watch the folder as I run the repair command, it first creates a new DB file (.TMD) and then starts on the index file (.MYI). It is when the MYI file reaches what I believe is close to the full size that it spits out this error.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error on "repair table"
May 31, 2013 06:57AM
June 02, 2013 08:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.