MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Mysql 5.0.95 table keeps getting corrupted
Posted by: Tim Nelson
Date: June 07, 2013 05:50PM

I have a server that has been running for years without issue. The core of the application using a single table that has about 700k records. Over the last few months I've seen the machine off and all of a sudden having huge IO waits ( > 50% ) and "show processlist" has 10's of requests locked. sar -b reports 200k bread/s !

I have dropped the table and reloaded it several times. I have repaired the table several times. The problem usually goes away for a day or a week and then shows up again.

At some level I have ruled out the application. The query and update mix is identical on a good day or a bad one.

This machine is never rebooted and mysqld never appears to have restarted or crashed. I can believe it could be mysqld corrupting itself, right? 5.0.95 is pretty hardened by this point yes?

I really believe it is a hardware problem with bad blocks or something but I have yet to prove it.

Any advice on how to narrow in on the issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql 5.0.95 table keeps getting corrupted
June 07, 2013 05:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.