MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Probable timezone problems: can anyone confirm and offer a solution?
Posted by: Ted Byers
Date: March 18, 2014 01:58PM

I have a database that is presently handling tens of thousands of transactions (i.e. storing new data) each week. On March 9, all transactions with a timestamp between 2Am and 3AM were not stored properly. When I tried to store them manually, I received an error complaining about the format fo the timestamp (even though the format used was identical to that used in those transactions before 2AM on March 9 or after 3AM that day. As that was the day our clocks here were set an hour ahead, my suspicion is that though the error message claimed it was a problem of format, it was really related to timestamps that ought not exist if we're using EST. I checked this by just adding 2 hours to the timestamp, and found that the data were stored.

If I am right in suspecting this is a timezone error related to day light savings times, how do I tell MySQL to treat a particular column is to be regarded as holding UTC times rather than my local timezone (which in my case they DO!). Or, is there another way to verify that my diagnosis was correct, and to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Ted

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.