MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

MySQL corrupting database everytime it starts
Posted by: Nekrose DeCuir
Date: June 01, 2014 07:29AM

hello. my MySQL database corrupts the database when ever i start, stop, or restart the service. i am on a laptop.. and this is for testing.. so, i have to stop the server to be able to do other kinds of work and take my laptop to school, work, and back. so, i can't just leave it on a lot.. so i need help.

the problem: when i start the MySQL server, and then go to phpmyadmin, i see the database and there is a folder in the mysql server data directory with the database's name on it... but i am unable to access the tables or even delete the database. all the default databases (that came with the mysql server.. like "mysql", "schemas", "test", and "cd collection") all work.. but all of mine get corrupted and unusable. i don't know if i can recover them.. and it sucks having to back them up every time i change something, then restore them every time i turn the server on. i have the same version of mysql (though, my laptop is windows 7, and my server is debian linux) on my server.. and it doesn't mess up at all. i have XAMPP on both my server and my laptop. both are the most current versions i believe. if there's any other thing you need to know, please ask.

also, i've had this issue with old MySQL install.. then i completely formatted my computer.. and now its doing it again, i'd blame it on the database.. but it works perfectly on the production server.. and also, it corrupts ANY new database i put in it. i tried what someone suggested on another forum and tried to start it as administrator.. but.. it was already doing that.. so.. that didn't help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL corrupting database everytime it starts
June 01, 2014 07:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.