MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Improuve my DB performances on server
Posted by: Rick James
Date: June 09, 2014 12:11PM

> I've 64Go of RAM
> installed on Windows Server 2012

These fooled me into believing that you were running 64-bit everything.
Please verify that the Windows Server 2012 is a 64-bit version !

> | version_compile_machine | x86 |
> | version_compile_os | Win32 |

Yes, you are running 32-bit version. You should plan on upgrading MySQL at some point.
(32-bit installations are so rare these days, that I forget to inquire.)

> so i can't set the innodb_buffer_pool_size over 4G.

Quite true. In fact, you should not set it anywhere near 4G (on a 32-bit version). 1500M should be safe. (Or leave it alone; see below.)

> | innodb_log_file_size | 5242880 |

Don't change that without further discussion; a change could prevent restarting. Note: even commenting out the value _may_ lead to changing the value (to whatever the builtin default is).

> i had a dangerous problem

I can think of three things that would be "dangerous"; I discussed them above.

* Configuring more than 4GB to a 32-bit mysql. (This is true for any 32-bit program.)

* Allocating so much RAM that mysql is swapping. (If you have a 64-bit OS, and 64G of RAM, etc, there won't be any swapping.)

* It takes multiple steps to change the log size. (mysqld won't start until you go back to the original size, or go through the steps.)

OK, back to the sluggish performance...

> `date` date NOT NULL,
> `heure` time DEFAULT NULL,
> KEY `heure` (`heure`),
> KEY `date` (`date`),

It is _usually_ much better to combine into a single field of type DATETIME (or TIMESTAMP). WHERE and ORDER BY clauses using date&heure will become much simpler and faster.

> PRIMARY KEY (`id_rapport`),
> KEY `id_rapport` (`id_rapport`),

A PRIMARY KEY is a UNIQUE KEY; the latter index is redundant and may be DROPped. (This is a minor improvement, mostly helping INSERTs.)

I see no "compound indexes". Let's see some of the SELECTs.

You provided the EXPLAIN without the SELECT. If it was simply
SELECT * FROM rapport;
then I question whether you really need to fetch all 10K rows at once. (This would be modestly slow.)

> Here's the biggest table

I see one potentially big field (adresse). Assuming it averages only a couple hundred bytes, then the whole table is only a few megabytes. With innodb_buffer_pool_size = 134217728, all the tables would easily fit?? This will show the table sizes:
SHOW TABLE STATUS;

OK, all that says is that you are not likely to have an I/O problem. So, I am guessing it is a CPU problem. Again, this goes back to finding the "slow" queries and studying their EXPLAINs and INDEXes.

> | log_slow_queries | OFF | --> ON
> | long_query_time | 10.000000 | --> 1

then (after a day of collecting slow queries) use pt_query_digest to summarize the slowlog. Present the first two to us, together with the SHOW TABLE STATUS and SELECT and EXPLAIN SELECT.

As a crude alternative to the slowlog (and avoiding changing my.ini), do this as root whenever things are "slow":
SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
That may catch some of the slow queries.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.