MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Seemingly erratic behavior
Posted by: Richard Pereira
Date: April 30, 2015 07:16AM

Rick, thanks for all the suggestions. I will try each one.

I understand what I provided was not full information regarding cache. I read up on that some more in the past few days. We are running with the INNODB engine.

Adding to my problems attempting to "optimize" the queries I fell into, is this gem. For a while I have known that the testing environment and production environment are not the same. Not until yesterday did I finally get our admin (outside contractor) to fill me in on the details:

Jeff Nolan
One is mysql and the other is XtraDB Cluster. Very different, but both use Percona MySQL at the core. Also, some differing runtime configurations such as memory allocated to innodb, etc.

The staging server is a single instance VPS running on top of QEMU. The XtraDB Cluster is made up of two VPS's running on top of XEN.

I'm not convinced he knows what to look for in the production set up. I have a query that runs in 26 seconds in the staging environment but takes over 3 minutes in production!! It is a query joining 3 tables. Comparing those tables in the 2 environments shows identical DDL and row counts within a few thousand.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should ask him to look at with regards to memory, buffer pool etc. in the production environment?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Seemingly erratic behavior
April 30, 2015 07:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.