MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

unexpected "Unauthenticated User" connections
Posted by: Arda Beyazoğlu
Date: May 31, 2016 06:12AM

I have mysql 5.6 running on ubuntu server 14.04 with 64gb ram and 16 cores (Also mysql is configured with file_per_table=1).

Let's say i have 2 databases with more than 100 hundred tables for each, and all of them are innodb except one myisam table. Myisam table has fulltext index and i am using as a cache(mostly for fulltext) layer for data from other tables.

When I query innodb tables joint with myisam table, sometimes it doesnt response or takes too much time when there is a lot of write queue on myisam table. But okay, I can expect this because of myisam characteristics.

The problem is, in this situation server spawns too many unauthenticated user connections I dont know why. Whatever the max_connections and max_user_connections directives are configured, it spawns as much as the maximum possible, so the server doesnt allow another connection for a long time. It spawns all in just a few seconds.

I could say, this is because clients still try to connect to database in the meantime, however any other database connection also fails. If there is a table lock in one database, why other databases are affected ? Also, why the connection status stuck on unauthenticated user ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
unexpected "Unauthenticated User" connections
May 31, 2016 06:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.