MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

How does mysql work ?
Posted by: Jason Carroll
Date: February 11, 2014 02:36PM

Hello,

Forgive me if I have the wrong forum, I am not sure which one to post my question in.

Here is what information I think will help answer what database server I have...

Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MySQL
Server version: 5.5.35-cll - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10

I am using shared hosting.

I am wanting to know how mysql actually gets the results. The whole process. from query to results.

The reson I am wanting to know this is because I have been getting the following error for some time showing up in my page...

Error on delete of '/tmp/#sql_7bd62_0.MYD' (Errcode: 2)

From what I have been told in the past, errcode 2 means that the server is trying to delete a file that is already deleted!

I have asked my host and they have given me the usual reply that they restarted and made changes to stop this happening, but it still happens.

So now I am going to see if I can find out how the server gets the results and to see if maybe there is something that the server is doing twice, meaning deleting the temp file if any of the results. Which is what I am starting to think is happening.

Can anyone suggest what is going on with just this error message
Error on delete of '/tmp/#sql_7bd62_0.MYD' (Errcode: 2)

Or what I could ask my host to check or try out to see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How does mysql work ?
February 11, 2014 02:36PM
February 12, 2014 11:46AM
February 12, 2014 02:02PM
February 13, 2014 10:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.