MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Change from InnoDB to MyISAM storage engine
Posted by: Michael John
Date: March 29, 2016 04:01AM

I have a database that by default uses the InnoDB storage engine. The reuse of Primary Keys on reboot has caused me major embarrassment both because the issue was spotted by the MD when a client's additional information displayed someone else's data and because I recommended MySQL for the project (having used it with great success at a previous company). The issue is posted on the forum here:- http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,643901,643901#msg-643901

I was told to “fix it” on Thursday and researched the issue over the bank holiday. Probably the best solution, to me at this stage, seems to be to change over to the MyISAM engine. However I want this switch over to go totally smoothly and am looking for the exact procedure to follow having been tripped up by misinformation on the web in the past (OS related).

Thank you in anticipation...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Change from InnoDB to MyISAM storage engine
March 29, 2016 04:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.