Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: InnoDB :: Consistent Nonlocking Read with REPEATABLE READ and READ COMMTTED

Advanced Search

Re: Consistent Nonlocking Read with REPEATABLE READ and READ COMMTTED
Posted by: Moiz Ahmed ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:30PM

HEllo,
I have seen posts stating the same problem that you reported, but for some reason, I am not able to re-produce them. Do you think it has something to do with MySql query browser? I am basically using Query Browser for this; MySql version is 5.1

Session1: create table, start transaction, insert, (do not do anything further)
Session2: select from the same table, "no rows" are returned; which is fair
Session1: commit
Session2: commit (this is to advance "time-point"), select from same table, committed data is selected.

Am I doing something diffrent than what you've described? Transaction isolation level is "Repeatable Read" and table is an innodb table.

Originally, I am trying to re-produce why a long running Select on an innodb table locks it? Even in dev, I've seen small selects in Query Browser locks a table for insert/update? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Consistent Nonlocking Read with REPEATABLE READ and READ COMMTTED 4989 emil marceta 09/17/2009 12:18AM
Re: Consistent Nonlocking Read with REPEATABLE READ and READ COMMTTED 8676 Moiz Ahmed 10/19/2009 11:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.