MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: How to restore the database from ibdata, and frm files
Posted by: Anirban Basu
Date: October 26, 2005 11:22PM

I also had to restore my database from my ibdata and .frm files. I copied my old database's entire /data folder to a backup location. Then i COMPLETELY uninstalled my old MySQL installation, and MANUALLY DELETED the old /data folder (MySQL uninstall doesn't do this for you).

Then I did a new installation of MySQL. Through an administrative tool called "Navicat", I created empty databases that were named the same as my old databases. This created corresponding database folders under the /data folder of my new MySQL installation.

Next, I turned off the MySQL service and closed out Navicat. I then copied the database folders from my backed up /data folder location to the new installation's /data folder location. Finally, I copied the ibdata1 file from my backed up location to the new installation's /data folder. Note, I DID NOT copy the ib_logfile0 or ib_logfile1 files from the old backup location.

Finally, I restarted the MySQL service, went back into Navicat, and the data was all restored! Please let me know if you need any more info on this...

-Bappa

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.