MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

InnoDB on RAMdisk optimization for specific purpose
Posted by: Alexey Asemov
Date: May 01, 2013 01:11AM

Hello, everyone.

Can someone recommend some parameters to be tuned if the InnoDB logs/tablespaces are stored on RAMdisk? Especially to use less memory for MySQL server having the tables located in RAM in mind.

Yes, I know what I am doing. It is a network appliance that does not require tables to persist across reboots and the entire database is recreated at system start by the application code. I need tables to persist if the MySQL server crashes by some accident so I cannot use MEMORY tables. I need transaction control and MVCC as well for a decent number of tps.

Is decreasing of InnoDB buffer pool to 16Mb or less is viable here, or will it cause severe performance loss? Are there some other parameters that can be tuned to reduce MySQL memory usage in such a case without sacrificing much performance?

Does anyone have any experience running InnoDB on RAMdisk as well? If so, can you please share any of it? I have already tuned parameters by myself, but there is probably still enough space to do it even better.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB on RAMdisk optimization for specific purpose
May 01, 2013 01:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.