MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Using SSD storage drive with Mysql on a property portal mehouse.com.au
Posted by: Nacim Jones
Date: January 28, 2015 09:57PM

Hi All,

My name is Sam.L and I'm currently look for the best hosting server option for meHOUSE.com.au , the portal will be using mysql as for their database. my question is will the new SSD hard rives or smartdrives be allot for quicky or a good option then the normal HHD hard drives that that run at 7200RPM. I know that the HDD has allot space (4T) where as the SSD only has a capacity of ony 800 gig. If any one can recommend a server for this scale project it would be highly appreciated

THIS IS WHAT I WAS SENT VIA EMAIL:

Depending on your application, inexpensive SSDs might be good fit for your workload, though enterprise-grade flash storage might be a good choice for very write-intensive applications even if it costs a lot more due to a much higher endurance capacity. Make sure you understand how many writes your application does and keep thinking about how to optimize your system to do less writes with SSDs – as reducing writes is a key to a longer SSD lifetime and as such lowers costs.

Kind Regards

Sam..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Using SSD storage drive with Mysql on a property portal mehouse.com.au
January 28, 2015 09:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.