MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

[MySQL 5.0] Errors during migration from MyISAM to InnoDB
Posted by: Karthik Subramanya
Date: September 09, 2015 11:24AM

Hi,

We use MySQl 5.0.67 at my workplace. In one of the databases, there are few tables that still use MyISAM engine and I am planning to change the to InnoDB. I found out that these tables together occupy about 11gb of space and added 16gb worth of ibdata files in my.cnf files.
But when I issued ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE=InnoDB for all these tables, the tables were migrated in the order and after few tables I see the error "SQL Error (1114): The table '#sql-667e_61' is full". I observe that there are still tables that needs to be migrated out of the original 11gb space that MyISAM occupied, after the error the MyISAM tables now occupy 2.9gb.
What I don't understand is that I added 16gb of InnoDB space for 11gb of data and yet InnoDB runs out of space after converting few tables(~8.1gb). How do I work out a mapping in memory from the MyISAM tables to InnoDB? Clearly 16gb is not enough.

Please let me know if I can explain better or provide more details. Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
[MySQL 5.0] Errors during migration from MyISAM to InnoDB
September 09, 2015 11:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.