MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Diagnose potential DB timeout
Posted by: john doe
Date: October 19, 2015 10:42AM

Hi,

I am running an instance of Jira which uses MySQL as it's DB. I am trying to diagnose an ongoing issue with the vendor without much luck. Basically every day around what seems to be the same time the application hangs to the point where users receive an Apache page cannot be displayed error. This lasts for upwards of 5 minutes. I have conformed several times when this happens that server resources are not the issue. I have sent thread dumps to the vendor and they have suggested a DB connection timeout but only provided a basic connection test which doesn't even work. Rather than wait on them any longer I have decided to reach out and see if there are any recommended tools, tests, etc I can leverage to test the database, find any routine tasks, etc to determine if it is teh cause or at least rule it out.

I am currently running:
MYSQL version - 5.6.25 MySQL Community Server
Connector - mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-6.el6.noarch
Java version - 1.8.0_45

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Diagnose potential DB timeout
October 19, 2015 10:42AM
October 24, 2015 10:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.