MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Re: When will GIS Improvements make it to production?
Posted by: Mike McCutcheon
Date: December 28, 2009 01:57PM

John Powell has kindly given advice on an "as far as I know" basis.

Can somebody on the inside track possibly confirm in layman's terms:

1. Exactly what version of MySQL we should deploy to obtain the GIS functions (I don't have multipolygons so I don't mind bugs relating to multipolygons).

2. Whether the 5.1.40 deployed on my server by our host includes the GIS functions in 5.1.35 or whether:
- these functions are currently only in 5.1.35 and
- 5.1.40 was compiled from another branch of source which doesn't include those GIS functions.

Sorry, but I previously assumed that any software called 5.1.40 would include eveything in 5.1 35 but I get the impression that is not the case for "community" software. It's therefore incredibly hard and time-consuming to work out what's going on and some of the comments in the wiki about the GIS project have quite a lot of jargon :-) . I'm trying to find the answer by testing, but when the functions don't work, it's hard to non-experts to know whether they don't work because the functions aren't there or because of a coding error.

Thanks. Mike.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: When will GIS Improvements make it to production?
December 28, 2009 01:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.