MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: #1 - Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_e7c_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)
Posted by: Paul Singleton
Date: October 19, 2007 06:07AM

Deleting 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_e7c_0.MYD' (or whatever) will get around the problem in the short term but won't stop it happening again.

(I am sure that defragmenting is irrelevant but harmless)

I believe there is a conflict between the way MySQL creates and deletes temporary files and various "resident" antivirus scanners, including McAfee and AVG 7.5

This is hard to test as the problem is somehow intermittent, but if you have a repeatable test case, try switching your resident virus checker off. I read a report elsewhere that someone attributed the problem to McAfee: I use AVG and the problem went away with AVG off and came back when I switched it back on...

So I created a new temp dir (C:\Program Files\MySQL\tmp) and specified this in my.ini

[mysqld]
tmpdir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/tmp/"

and then excluded this from AVG's Resident Shield scan.

FWIW I think MySQL should either cope better with this (maybe newer versions do), or explain it in their setup instructions (ditto).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.