MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

mysql connection issue when stress stesting
Posted by: julien balde
Date: April 26, 2005 02:49AM

Hi,

I am currently stress testing a php / mysql application. this box was used only for devlopment purpose before and there were no issues with a low traffic but with up 50 or 100 concurent users some issues with mysql are appearing... this does not appear immediately but after some time time of heavy load (but ner more than 100 concurent users.
the error message is the following :
PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket mysql.sock (11)

Do you have any idea from where this could come from ? the fact is that the number of max connection or max user is not reach, otherwise i would have a too many conenction warning...

Is it possible that the mysql.sock file is accessed too many times simultaneously and the OS ( linux) doesn't allow it ?
I tried to increase the ulimit ofr file open from 1024 to 8192 but is doesn't help.

The use of this application is group local website from an internationnal company so at the end ther ewill be like 120 domain name and 50 "different" website accessing the same tables in mysql, this is the reason why an heavy load is expected, this test server will not be used on production (not enough memories and cpu) but the same OS will remain so it has to work...

Please help.

thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql connection issue when stress stesting
April 26, 2005 02:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.