MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: Hardware recommendations for MySQL
Posted by: Marcin Depinski
Date: June 22, 2005 10:39AM

I would also be very interested to any experiences users have had in the performance area with mysql. Convincing management to spend extra cash is - politely saying - difficult and stats of the number of db writes/reads that a machine is able to perform for a reference DB design would be very useful in convincing them to invest more in a server. Right now our application uses complex replication schemes on mediocre hardware and our database load is not something I consider high. We get significantly more reads than writes. We run mysql 4.0 and 4.1 on RHEL4. I have read up on MySQL performance but would like numbers for platforms, effect of # of cpu's, amount of ram, and disk throughput and access time effects. If anyone has done these or knows about any please post a link to in this forum. Regards.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Hardware recommendations for MySQL
June 22, 2005 10:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.